Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby Brain

We have been joking with my sister Nicole about her "baby brain", the reason for her word mix-ups and memory loss. The baby is obviously sharing her brain, and sometimes it is evident in Nicole's e-mails and conversation. We've received several e-mails such as these:
  • I just spelled third "thurd", and not a typo just me being an idiot.
  • Subject of Nicole's e-mail: "Mom's Present's".
  • I just wrote an email to my coworker and wrote his name Drank instead of Frank in the email.... this day needs to end.
We've all had moment like these, with or without a baby sucking up our brain. Have you ever just stared at a word on the computer that you've typed a million times before, convinced that it doesn't look right and finally double-check the spelling with the person beside you or dictionary.com? Just the other day, I e-mailed my sisters because Nicole's baby brain rubbed off on me for a change.

I was reading an article online when I came across this sentence:

"Brooklynite Asa Ersgard stays home full-time now, but when her two oldest daughters were small, she worked full days."

I literally read this one sentence 15 times, wondering to myself how someone could ever name their child "Brooklynite".

Yikes.

1 comment: