Monday, February 1, 2010

All Play and No Work Makes Jac(lyn) a Restless Girl

...restless, yes. But in all honesty, it's also been extremely relaxing. And fun! Over the last three weeks, I've had the opportunity to explore Austin, stir up a little adventure with my roommate Kristen, reintroduce myself to SoapNet (who doesn't love an afternoon of the OC, One Tree Hill, and 90210?), and sleep in. But the time has come for my bank account to get a little lovin'. Perfect timing too... I was offered a job last Thursday!!! I will be working at a brand new rehabilitative and health care facility as the Director of Recreation Therapy. I do love those elderly folks. One of the best perks is that it's only 5 miles from my apartment! A 10-minute drive is a whole lot better than the commute I was anticipating since moving to a big city. I start the job next Monday and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. I may regret that statement in a few weeks, but as of right now, I'm ready.

For those who haven't seen pictures of my new place, here's a quick glance!

The Courtyard in the center of our apartment complex

The outside of the apartment

The inside... and the dog is real. That's Darcy, Kristen's schnoodle. She's a character!

Kristen enjoying spicy edamame at a sushi happy hour in Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment