Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Hills Have Eyes... and Music

The Hills Cafe is another Austin gem that I finally got the chance to experience a few weeks ago. The only thing better than live music is seeing live music outdoors. During the summer, the Hills Cafe hosts a Free Texas Music Series, featuring a different band every Wednesday. The venue has a very country/southern rock feel, which is always a good time... especially in Texas. I honestly can't remember the name of the band that played, but they were good! They seemed to be going for the Rascal Flatts pop-country look, but they definitely had us tappin' our toes. The Hills Cafe draws in a great crowd and Kristen and I had a good ole time, especially with our tall boy BL's.... note how excited we are in the picture. The venue reminded me of one of the reasons why I love Austin - the crowd was so diverse. There were college kids, young parents with their children, groups of adults, etc... it definitely covered all ages. The port-a-pottys were the only downside to the venue, but that seems to be a trend in Austin that I'll just have to deal with. I will definitely be returning in the near future... and hopefully for another one of the free Wednesday shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment