Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Soulmates

While the second Sex and the City movie fell short of the first (naturally), it had it's perks and one line in particular stood out to me. Samantha said to the group, "We made a deal ages ago - men, babies, doesn't matter - we're soul mates." Right around the same time I saw the movie, I had a bit of a homesick weekend. There wasn't any reason for it, I truly am happy here and feel that I'm finding my niche... but I just missed home. Without telling anybody that I was feeling a little bit lost in Austin, my four best friends (Eliza Joy, Dana, Tara, and Vail) all called me that same weekend. It made me think of this line from Sex and the City 2. Perhaps it was just coincidence that they called on this particular weekend, or maybe our friends really are a part of our soul. Corny, I know. Couldn't help it. But just to hear them on my voicemail was enough to make me feel a little bit more at home. And like the famous Sex and the City quote says, "Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."


3 comments:

  1. Now I feel bad for not giving you a call this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story! And brad kinda is in with the group.. remember the back tickling trains he would join with us in 8th grade??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to cry. Im a little homesick too.

    ReplyDelete