Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Apple of My (Worm)

I was lucky enough to spend last Wednesday through Monday in Charlottesville with all of my family, husbands and boyfriends included. Not all mine, of course. It was the most refreshing five days for me. Filled with family, friends, way too much food, laughter, wine, dancing, and the beautiful sights that Charlottesville has to offer. Besides it being as painfully hot as Texas, the bright green grass, blue mountains, and clear sky were still enough to take my breath away. I do miss home, but I am thankful to have such a beautiful one to come back to every so often.

Here's a sneak peek into my trip home.... we visited Carter's Mountain on Sunday afternoon, and enjoyed ourselves as always. Carter's Mountain has always been one of my favorite Charlottesville spots... besides it being an incredible lookout point, you can't argue with their apple cider donuts, peach ice cream, and good ol' apple picking in the fall.

My family always finds a way to add a little bit of humor to an ordinary day trip.........








3 comments:

  1. It was such a fun weekend!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BEST!!! Thank you all and Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! Thank you Lauer family for having me down for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete