Thursday, June 30, 2011

nom nom nom

In an e-mail to my Mom and younger sister about Nicole's baby shower, I used the phrase "nom nom nom". Mom wrote back and asked if I meant to type "yum yum yum". This is when I explained to her that "nom nom nom" was a popular new phrase used to describe digging into a dish and compared it to the sound made when pretending to eat a baby's stomach. After I sent it, I had to laugh.... 1.) It's weird that we pretend to eat baby's stomachs. 2.) I doubt there's a universal noise that people make when pretending to do so, but for me it's always "nom nom nom". 3.) I am a geek for describing something as a "popular new phrase". Just two years ago, I asked Deirdre if she had heard of the artist "Kid Cootie"... I am no expert on anything cool.

2 comments:

  1. I've only heard this "popular new phrase" when accompanied by wiggling fingers in front of your mouth. (Like a squirrel or gerbil)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be behind the times because I'm not sure I've heard this popular new phrase, but I totally say this when I'm pretending to eat a baby's stomach!!!

    p.s. When I went to type in my name to add this comment, I typed Name. And now I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete