Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Long December

Although there are so many things to blog about as this Christmas season comes to a close, a big part of me wants my letter to Mrs. Buckalew to be the last entry for 2011. I want to thank everyone for their kind responses to the blog, Facebook messages, phone calls, and e-mails. I felt very loved and most of all, I didn't feel alone. It is safe to say that there are thousands of people mourning the death of this incredible family. It brought comfort to hear the messages filled with memories of the Buckalews and to be reminded of the way that Corinne lived in the moment and how she was all in. A good friend wrote to me, "I don't feel that anything like this happens for a reason, but I do feel that people change their lives for the better after a tragedy like this." I want to ring in the new year knowing that I am embracing life as she did, and as she would. I want to celebrate the small things and make the most of each day. I want to spend valuable time with family and friends and invest in each of them. People often overuse these phrases, and their tidbits of life advice can become cliche. But there is truth in each of them. My Dad wrote in an e-mail to me that they had a full life in a short amount of time. And now I truly believe that is what matters. A full life. That's what I'm after.

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Jaclyn, I was getting caught up on your blog...what a beautiful and loving tribute to your friend. My heartfelt condolences to you, your sister, and all their loved ones. Sending you a big hug for now, and hope to give you that hug in person soon.

    ReplyDelete