Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Best "Thank You" Note Ever

There is absolutely nothing I can say to lead up to this entry. The only background information you need to know is that the resident who gave this holiday "thank you" note to my administrator is the same resident who shared this craft idea with me.


I know it's tough to read. Let me translate for you...


"Thanks for all the "black" people who work here. Without you here, life in Rwanda might have been harder. I think you got some pretty good choices."

SAY WHAT?! This resident is not racist, mean, or close-minded. She is just a very, very odd person who has an unusual way of expressing her thoughts, or in this case, gratitude.

Oh, and did I mention that my administrator happens to be African American?


Ah, never a dull moment around here.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha-OMG!! I hope everyone there has a good sense of humor....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quotes around "black". That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete