Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dirty Old Crossword Puzzles

Deirdre informed me via text that people are counting on me, therefore I must update my blog. I promise that I have not abandoned this blogging world I've thrown myself into... it has just been a crazy week.

Here's a quick story to hold you over until tonight...

Setting the scene: Resident "Roy" and I are working on a crossword puzzle together. I am standing in front of his wheelchair at the easel with a blown up crossword puzzle taped to it. I give the clues, and Roy tries to figure out the words. Action!

Jaclyn: Wahoo! Good one. Okay, 9 across, 5 letters, "To Provide" (or something along those lines)... First two letters are E and N....
Roy: En..... dow?
Jaclyn: YES! Impressive. Okay, 9 down, 6 letters....
Roy: Just a minute. Now Jaclyn, what comes to your mind when you first hear the word "endow"?
Jaclyn (trying not to smile and/or turn beat red, as I'm clearly thinking "well endowed", I innocently reply): Hmm.... money?
Roy: Heh heh heh. Often, when a man hears the word endow, he automatically thinks about...
Jaclyn: ROY! I get where you're going, and we're not going there....
Roy: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MONEY! BAHAHAHAHA! (for a good 15 seconds)
Jaclyn: Moving on... 9 down, 6 letters...

No comments:

Post a Comment