Monday, August 30, 2010

Sparks Fly

I feel that I've let down a few of my devoted readers lately... maybe even all three of you. There are days when I feel that I've lost my creative spark. And then there are days like today. Days when I think it would be a crime for me to not keep a blog. Here are a few of the highlights from my day so far:

I walked into my office a few minutes ago and there was a lady sitting in my chair. With her pants down. Insisting that I shut the door behind me. Great.

I had a male resident roll up to our beading activity this afternoon whistling, asking if I was married. I told him no, and he said something along the lines of, "Well hot damn! How'd they miss out on you?" Thanks for the compliment, if it even was one. It'd be more flattering if it wasn't coming from a 70-year old man who just told me last week that his favorite activity in the building is the female CNA's giving him a bath. Chills.

I walked into my office last week to find one of my favorite male residents, an all-American UT football player, learning how to paint and shade a red heart from a female resident who is leading a weekly painting group. I looked at him quizzically as to why he was attending the arts and crafts group, and he just shrugged his shoulders at me. He is typically not one for crafty activities, as you can imagine, but his dementia causes him to accept an invitation to just about anywhere. This female resident clearly took advantage of that while looking for potential students to teach. I returned 20 minutes later and every time the resident instructor would turn her back to him, he would mouth to me "HELP!" or "Get me out of here!" I was convulsing with laughter. I finally helped him to weasel his way out of the painting group, and we laughed all the way back to his room as if we were college pals who had just skipped class together.



"All that I'm after is a life full of laughter..." -C. Daughtry

2 comments:

  1. George Clooney's 70 and a resident??? But more importantly, what did the bare bottom lady want? Is this a tease for Part II??!!

    ReplyDelete