Monday, October 11, 2010

Times are Changing

I went to deliver mail to Rob, one of my more alert residents, and heard him laughing from all the way down the hall. I knocked on his door, and there he was just propped up on his bed, watching the television and howling with laughter. I asked him what he was watching, expecting to hear the title of a movie featuring old-time comedic actors such as Cary Grant, Mae West, or the Marx brothers... not so much. He responded, "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle." He could barely get the words out, he was still laughing at a scene from the movie. I stood there stunned for a minute as he went on to say, "Have you seen this?! Ah, it's a classic. A true classic. These guys are HILARIOUS! Think I'll watch it again tonight."

I have no words.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Randy! What? The devil! Oh! The devil is everywhere... Hey Randy! What? Liqour! Ooh! The devil is everywhere... Hey Randy! What? Tobacco! Ooh! The devil is everywhere... Hey Randy! What? Crystal meth!... oh... uhh... The devil... is... everywhere... Let's take a breather and pray...

    - Freakshow, also known as 'Elliot! Elliot!'

    ReplyDelete