Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthdays in the "Nursery"

I received a package of cards today from a second grade class for all of my residents celebrating a birthday in April. It might be the sweetest (and most entertaining) collection of cards I have ever read. Hope you enjoy these messages as much as I did... and as much as Edna who exclaimed, "Happy Birthday to MEEEE" when I showed the card to her. Seriously, nothing could make their day more than a handwritten card and picture from a sweet kid.

Dear Mery,
Hey I'm Abigail and am 7 years old. I hope you get 1 pretty cake with sprinkles. I hope the party is fun end you have balloons. I hope that all your wishes are great. Even though you're in a nursery, people are still caring about you.
Sincerely,
Abigail


Dear Geneva,
Hello my name is dafne and I'm 2 grade. I wish that you have a graet happy birthday. And also wish that you have a good happy birthday cake.
Your friend,
Dafne

Dear Inez,
I hope you have a cake for your birthday. My name is Daniel and I am writing to wish you the happiest birthday. I hope you have one big cake delicious with extra frosting and sprinkles.
Your friend,
Daniel


Dear Dora,
I hope you're doing well in the hospital. And that you had a great birthday. I hope you had lots and lots of balloons and that you had a very delicious cake.
Sincerely,
Emily

Dear Edna,
I want to you to get the best birthday and get cake and get frens dat you like and get great present and get balloons.
Your friend,
Pedro

My thoughts on these birthday messages:

1.) The teacher wrote "cake", "balloons", "great", "happy", "your friend", and "birthday" up on the chalkboard as writing prompts.

2.) They wrote these cards right before lunch.

3.) They are learning about adjectives... examples being "big cake delicious", "great happy birthday", and "good happy birthday cake".

So dang cute.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart teacher to work with the kids on writing skills and compassion at the same time.
    Cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete