Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Friday Friday

Today is Friday, and I am missing the mornings in high school when I would wake up to the redneck on country radio singing, "It's finally FRIDAY, I'm free again.... got my motor runnin' for a wild weekend!" That's how I feel right now. Finally freakin' Friday. With the exception of a killer catch in the outfield at our kickball game last night, it has not been the best week for me. But as I was walking to my car last night with my head down and feet dragging, I heard a bangbangbang on one of the windows. I looked up and there was one of my residents pressed up against the window, huge grin on his face, and waving at me with all of his might. He is one of my younger residents and definitely a favorite. I instantly perked up and waved back at him, and he motioned for me to stay where I was and not get in my car just yet. I waited for a few seconds and when he returned to the window he was holding a camera. Another huge grin on his face. And yes, he took about six pictures of me. Standing alone in the parking lot next to my car. He gave me a big thumbs up after the final picture and both of us were just laughing as I got in my car and drove away. I started to think about my week and tried to focus on the good that happened instead of the same old (insert bad word here) that happens every week. Besides the resident taking pictures of me from his window, there were a few other entertaining moments....

-Ellen chasing my (female) Music Therapist around while loudly singing "La Bamba" and spanking her on the butt.

-Suzanne insisting that she has sat at the same table in the dining room (she normally eats in her room) for 20 years (we've only been open for one) and threatening to call the French Embassy, where she knows every single important figure and they will shut us down in a matter of seconds.

-Edna believing her roommate is her "Mama" and when I commented on how much she loves her, she replied, "She is my life."

-Bringing Edna into the activity room for group exercise and having her shout, "I WANT TO SIT BY A MANNNNN."

-Having a complete language barrier with a newer Spanish-speaking resident, but whenever I do the grapevine into her room, she laughs and squeals like a little kid. Me making a fool out of myself appears to be our common language.

See, it wasn't all bad.... still glad it's Friday though!



3 comments:

  1. In the words of Nicole.. I like this post. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't even seen La Bamba yet, one of my top five movies, yet you have the box cover on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, whoa, whoa...I was going to comment something else, but just read Firas' comment. Jax....you've not seen La Bamba????? How is that possible??? Firas, make that happen!

    ReplyDelete