Monday, March 1, 2010

She Moves in Mysterious Ways

We have been quite the concert-goers these past couple weeks, and that makes this live music-loving girl very, very happy. Austin is a live music goldmine. We really covered our bases last week... seeing Government Mule last Friday (at an amazing outdoor venue, port-a-pottys and all), a funk band last Saturday, a little smooth jazz on Wednesday night, and finally a U2 cover band this past Saturday. The name of the band was Mysterious Ways, and they were ON point. We saw them at a great Irish Pub called Fado, and the crowd was... well, let's just say... feeling it. Most of the crowd had obviously seen this cover band before, and they were definitely excited for another show. Not only did the band cover U2 exceptionally well, they even dressed the part. I've never seen Bono live, so I'm not sure that he would have danced on the bar... but it definitely revved the crowd up.

I only wish this picture could talk. A video would have been a smarter idea. There was so much going on at this point of the show that Kristen and I were exchanging looks of disbelief, confusion, and pure enjoyment every 30 seconds. The boy on the left was American Idol material. He was dancing with the two women on the right as if he had eloped to Vegas with both of them the night before. I've never seen a group of three people sing with such enthusiasm; they knew every single word to every single song, and they sang them loud. And I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Dance like no one is watching"...well let me tell you, they lived out that quote Saturday night. I felt like they deserved half of the $5 I paid for the cover charge, they were that entertaining. I was waiting for the railing that "Bono" is standing on to crash to the ground as the three musketeers kept using it to balance themselves on the dance floor. I should have titled this post, "Where the streets have no name... and the people have no shame".

The band was awesome. The $4 Stellas were delicious. And the crowd was... different, but very amusing. Excited for more live shows in Austin...

No comments:

Post a Comment