Monday, December 6, 2010

AFOMFT: A Few of My Favorite Things

The start of the Christmas season has led me to brainstorm a list of my favorite things. I think that I'll write a few posts leading up to Christmas highlighting a few of these things. The first one is something I should be writing about it in the summertime, but for me it's a year-round treat. Frozen yogurt. I realize that the winter should be a season fillled with hot chocolate, warm desserts, and apple cider. I do love all of those things, but not as much as I love frozen yogurt. Arches was our main hangout in high school.... we spent countless nights there talking, laughing, eating yogurt, sharing, planning pranks, sitting on the hood of the car and singing Better Than Ezra, and so on... life was good. Although I can't relive those days, I can definitely still enjoy some froyo. For those living in a cave, or Farmville, Froyo = Frozen + Yogurt = Frozen Yogurt. Froyo franchises have jumped on the old-school ice cream bandwagon where you self-serve the yogurt, add whatever toppings you're in the mood for, weigh your yogurt, and pay by the ounce. Genius. I am not much of a daredevil when it comes to toppings... I'm perfectly content with heath bar and a few chunks of reeses cups... and then there's Firas. See picture below and guess which yogurt is his. And while froyo might not be a standard winter treat, it's seasonal flavors make up for it's lack of warmth.... pumpkin pie flavored frozen yogurt? Yes. Please.

No, you're not seeing things. The yogurt on the left is topped with sour gummy worms, mint oreos, butterfinger, and raspberries. You can't even see the chunks of cookie dough he has underneath the oreos. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Firas had me until the sour gummy worms... that's just wrong. HAHA, but seriously, we are going here in March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this FrozenYo?? We have a few of those... self-serve! Amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete