Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Trip Down Manure Lane

Jimmy has come out of his gargoyle-wannabe days and is back to his joking self. Hal-le-lu-jah. I had the privilege of meeting his brother on Thanksgiving, and Jimmy and I were catching up about their visit this afternoon. I asked how much trouble they got into as young boys, and he went on to tell me that he really wasn't that bad of a kid, and had only been smacked by his father once... on the fanny, to be exact. I confessed that I was a bit surprised (not that he been smacked by his father, but that he had only been smacked once), and asked what he did to deserve it this one time. Jimmy began to chuckle. As the story goes.... "I got drunk. Ooooweeee, I got drunk. I had to cross through our cow lot on my way back home and I ended up falling in the cow manure, several times. I finally made it back to the house, and stumbled into my bedroom.... where my mother had just finished papering the walls. Ooooweeee. So there I was, falling all over the bedroom and touching the walls with my manure-covered body and hands. And baby, that's why I got smacked across the fanny."

1 comment: