Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reason #683 I Love My Family

I received a package in the mail today that included:

Jessica Simpson's Christmas album: Before you judge Deirdre for sending it and me for listening to it every time I'm in my car, check it out. She might have the reputation of a total flake, but she can belt some Christmas tunes. It's powerful, I promise. Ask Tara. And the Kappa Delta's that lived above us junior year of college... surely after hearing Jessica and Ashlee's rendition of "Drummer Boy" blared through our speakers on a nightly basis, they were hooked as well.

Glittery Christmas Pin and Jingle Bell Bracelet: I'm guessing these came from the very bottom of Mom's jewelry box and what perfect timing... I will be gearing up for my Tacky Sweater Pub Crawl next weekend and these will be excellent additions.

Pictures of their Turkey Hands: I figured this would be hard to explain, so I took pictures. Of each turkey hand. It was my first Thanksgiving away from home, and they knew it would be tough on me... most families might call, send a card, etc... and don't get me wrong, they did all that the day before, the day of, and the day after Thanksgiving... but they went the extra mile. I would assume they had shared a couple glasses of wine at this point, or perhaps they were bored and tired of the "What If, Then" game... but either way, just picturing them sitting at the kitchen table laughing their heads off while tracing their hands made me happy.

Mom's Turkey

Dad's Turkey

Will's Turkey (look out Firas, you're being chased...)

Tony's Turkey

Nicole's Turkey

Deirdre's Turkey

Thank you for these special pictures, and for making me laugh hard enough to startle the creepy cat sitting near the mailboxes. I love you guys.

P.S. This is my 100th post. Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, so glad that you enjoyed the package!!! We had fun thinking about what your reaction would be like. Miss you lots and just like my turkey says: "St. Patty's Day BABY... oh yeah!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post! You're a great blogger. And your family is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 100th blog Jaclyn!! Now for Chapter 2.. :)

    Love you and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah does Papa Lauer's turkey have an earring?? Classy touch. What a charmer!! Hope you had a good Tgiving in ATX (God, I'm so hip and with the lingo.)

    ReplyDelete