Monday, January 17, 2011

CrypticNet

I was skimming through my company's online directory of medical providers in hopes of finding a good doctor here in Austin. As it brought me to the security portion of the site, it instructed me to type the image in the box before taking me to the next page. The image in the box read: Death59.

I think it might be wise to use less morbid words when dealing with the security on a medical website. Even I was a bit shaken up, and I was only searching for a general doctor... not because I was experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, or high blood pressure. Hopefully those who are experiencing alarming symptoms while in search of a doctor are given more positive messages on their security page.

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy... sick-minded people who write them. I'm going to pay closer attention to the ones I get. It usually takes me three chances to get it right so I'll see a bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to retype them also. Or I click for another choice until I find one I like.

    ReplyDelete