Thursday, January 20, 2011

TGI(almost)F

I was standing next to Jimmy at the music therapy group last Thursday, knowing that he would give me some reason to laugh off what had turned out to be a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" (well, week).... remember that book? I sympathized with Alexander. But as always, Jimmy came through for me. I was leaning over reading the lyrics off of his booklet as we sang "Deep in the Heart of Texas". He clapped off beat every time and hollered "TEXAS" in a shrilly southern accent whenever it was least appropriate. He then turned to me and asked, "Hey baby, you know what never stops growing on a man?" I nervously put a few more inches between us, fearing what his answer might be. He screamed, "EARS! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE THINGS!" while pointing at the man (two feet) in front of us. He was right. That man's ears were huge. And fortunately, as big as his ears are, he is very (very) hard of hearing.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah. I thought that was going elsewhere too. PS- I love that book! I read it every year on a day where it's horrible, no good, and very bad
    :-)

    ReplyDelete