Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Austin!

Today, I celebrate my one-year anniversary with the city of Austin! It has been a year filled with adventure, excitement, love, challenges, growth, good music, travel, and new opportunities. It's hard to believe that just a year ago I was on the road with Nicole and Deirdre, singing "What about Now?" at the top of our lungs and experiencing a whirlwind of emotions about my big move. I remember driving through the not-so-exciting states of Tennessee and Arkansas (in terms of scenery from the highway, not in regard to the character of the state), a little bit antsy and ready to arrive, yet hoping that the ride would never end.


This is not the loveliest picture of me and my sisters, but it's one of the only two pictures we have from our road trip that captures all three of us together. The other one is in a bathroom at a Tennessee gas station. It was a trip I will never forget. And as hard as it has been to be away from home, my family, and friends, I am so glad I made it.

To end on a not-so-cheesy note, here are a few of our favorite pictures that highlight the character of Tennessee and Arkansas...


Here's to another year of being as excited as I was on my first day in this fabulous city:



2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad these pictures made it into your blog. I literally laughed again at each one. What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great trip and I'm so glad we all did it together!! Can't wait to celebrate your (belated) one-year Austin anniversary in March!!

    ReplyDelete